Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pick-up let-down

Ok...so, it's no secret that I'm kind of sick of being single, but sometimes I come across little reminders of WHY being single is just...better (for now).  Tonight was one of those times.

While I'm putting gas in my car, I notice a guy a few pumps over who is well...he's also getting gas...cuz it's a gas station.  But...while he's pumping he is also checking me out.  (Ha!)  This is note-worthy because 1)  I really don't usually notice these things (and most often don't believe it even when someone else points it out to me) and 2) He's actually pretty cute (go me!)

So...fast forward and I'm getting in my car...and he's walking towards the building...and he says something to me.  :D

"What was that?" I say.

He repeats, "You buying the beer?"

:/

I'm sorry...WHAAAAA??

Ok. 1)  I don't drink (of course, he doesn't know that...but it's still true).

2)  I am NOT impressed with "adults" who still find drinking to be the highest form of entertainment.  Grow up.

and 3)  am *I* buying???  Are you serious??  Has this worked for you???

I mean....at the VERY least, shouldn't this guy be offering to buy ME a drink? 

Oh...and 4)  Once he was out from behind his car, I noticed...he was wearing crocs.  Quadruple strike-out dude.  Moving right along...with my happy, single self. :D

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you should bash on his crocs...maybe he was like...yea so I started this with the intention of making you have one of those "awww man now i feel bad" moments...I got nothing dude was a touche ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol...I was reading this thinking, "who is this 'anonymous' person tryin' to call me out?!?!" and then I got to "touche". lol Silly :P

      Delete