Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Taking vows...

So, a guy here at work says that his wife has decided there will be no more sweets in their home.

=^|

It is things like this that make me question whether I even WANT to find The (Oh So Elusive) One!  It really may be better to stay single, right??

"For richer or poorer, in sickness and in health,..."--all that is FINE!

No one says anything about him taking away your chocolate...or stealing pepperoni off your pizza (I should probably let that one go already).  That stuff is sacred...right??  Messing with my food intake would be something that would have me wanting to change my Facebook status to "It's complicated".  Is that wrong?

It's shocking that I'm single, right? =D

4 comments:

  1. My question is..the guy's wife, is she reducing the household sweet intake because she has weak willpower to keep herself from eating the sweets or is she more concerned with her husbands lack of willpower? If it's for herself, I believe he should be agreeable to the no sweets in the house rule, he can always grab him a candy bar while at work. If it's more because of him, well then, I guess he might want to consider why she feels he needs to slack off on the sweets. As for you having to worry about "the one" taking your pepperoni's, well steal his first then you'll be even! ;) Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's just decided that they should eat healthier. Thing is...this guy is really in good shape. He's an older man who stays trim...and runs stands (*I* don't even think I can do that right now!)! It's just clearly overstepping. lol There is no need to meddle in someone else's chocolate intake...especially if you claim to love them! ;)

    Point well-made about the pepperoni. That's probably easier than me trying to figure out how to work that in to the vows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am! ANNNDDD...if you hurry and eat all yours FIRST, then snatch his, well need I explain that any further??? (just in case...that'd be a big ol' win win situation for you!)
      I'm with you on the whole chocolate thing! That is getting all up in his personal space and completely overstepping. If he was directed by a LICENSED physician then MAYBE..but to do it just because that's just cruel. Gretchen

      Delete