Friday, February 3, 2012

How I Roll....

I'm a girl.  If you ask me what I drive, I tell you it's a Chevy HHR.  If you ask me ANYTHING after that (about the engine, mileage, flips, switches or dip-dee-doos) I answer "it's blue".  Cuz...I'm a girl.  I DON'T KNOW!!!

So, about a month ago, it started to sound louder....hardly noticeable behind good music.  But progressively, more and more un-ignoreable.  (Please don't try to look that up in the dictionary.) 

As I'm planning on traveling to San Antonio for the Kai's graduation from basic training later this month, I thought it'd be a good idea to get my car worked on while my parents were away in Bogota.  That way, I could use my dad's pimpin' mini-van while they were out of the country.  (ok...it's not "pimpin'"...but it DOES get a person from point A to point B!)

I dropped my car off last Monday (as in, almost 2 weeks ago--today is Friday).

Fast-forward....my parents got home late Wednesday night and last night, the fam met up for dinner at Tequila's (I'll try not to think about that while I finish writing.  I'm kind of hungry now!).  As we're leaving Tequila's, I tell my dad that his steering wheel is a bit shakey...more when I'm driving slowly than when I speed up.

He says, "Did you check the tires?"

Blank stare.  "Um...I've SEEN the tires!"

He then explains to me that I need to lie down on the ground and check the inside and outside of the tires for "balls".  I ask, "ok...and then what?"  My mom pipes in, "then let him know when you give the van back to him!"  (*WHEW!*  For a second there, I thought I was gonna have to perform tire surgery!)

Today, my car is ready to be picked up.  I'm trying to formulate a way to make that happen without skipping valuable eating time.  So...thanks Daddy for letting me borrow your gray van!! And...for those who care what was wrong with mine....something about gears and brakes and money.  And....it's blue.

2 comments:

  1. Um, ms. Blue...dad's van is green...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...apparently, I'm color-blind too. :/ Seriously, I heard him refer to it as "green" today too and I almost corrected him. Glad I didn't! lol

    ReplyDelete